Thursday, August 10, 2006

We actually got out of the house today!

I guess we did go to that preschool open house on Tuesday. It just feels like it's been a long week for some reason. A long week of doing nothing. Yesterday the kids and I barely made it out of our pajamas by the time Ryan got home from work. It was just one of those days...
Today we drove up to Lansing with Nicole and Porter. There's a Little Ceasar's Pizza up there called CeasarLand. It's kinda like a Chuck E. Cheese's, but geared a little more towards preschool and younger elementary kids than middle schoolers. They have a real big climbing playland thing (like McDonalds on steriods) and a fun little mat and climbing area for toddlers and babies. Savannah was much braver than usual and climbed through almost all the tunnels even at the very top. She chickened out on all the big slides though! The kids had fun and it was nice to get out of the house.

I got a call back from the preschool this evening and we got Savannah the last spot in the three year old class. So she's a school girl now! She starts the middle of September. We're looking forward to her spending some time "on her own" and getting a chance to socialize with so many other kids. She's pretty excited too!

And I have one other story to relay from our day. The kids were playing outside on our little plastic slide climber. Sawyer learned how to open the little door to the little "fort" under the slide platform and so he was having a ball crawling in and out and all over this thing. But there is plenty of dirt and bugs and cobwebs all over and especially under this thing as it obviously sits outside in the dirt and rain. With Sawyer climbing all over it and the way he puts everything in his mouth, I gave the climber a quick swipe with my hands trying to get off the most obvious bugs and cobwebs. I must have overlooked a corner underneath, because Savannah -who had been playing peekaboo nicely with her brother- all of a sudden started screaming bloody murder. She was pointing at Sawyer so I ducked under the slide to see what was wrong and Sawyer turned around to look at me. He had handful of spiderweb and a big black dead fly hanging from his chin. I like to think he simply brushed his hand by his face (I know in reality he probably took a nice taste of the sticky stuff) and left a strand of cobweb on his lips, from which a fly just so happened to still be hanging. If you got past the gross factor, it was pretty funny- the fly just dangling from his lips below his chin like that. Not two minutes before I thought I should run in and get the camera because the kids were so cute climbing around together and playing so well together. I really wish I could have had a picture of the fly boy.
And we all know what would have happened if he had swallowed the fly...
Savannah could tell you. She has the book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ! Tell Savannah I am very excited about her new school, and I will look forward to seeing it and meeting her teacher(s).Wow! That's a big step. As for Sawyer's run in with the web,GROSS. Hopefully Savannah isn't tramatized by it.HA HA I'm sure Sawyer didn't care.With the changes in airport security,Your dad says he's glad we timed our trip when we did. I carry on too much luggage:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, Of course I remember you. :) Thank you for the post. I added your blog to my list of blogs. I hope you don't mind. I keep telling Nicole we all need to get together again. We had a really nice time with all of you at Nicoles. I keep hearing that these dreams do get pretty crazy. I had a dream Jade went golfing in Battle Creek and the next morning when I got up, I actually asked him if he was still planning to play golf. He had no clue! Have a good day. The pics of the kids are adorable. Les