Monday, August 28, 2006

Morning conversations

I haven't posted any SJ quotes lately, but here’s the conversation we had this morning when she came in my room to wake me...
a sampling of how random the thoughts of a three-year-old.

“mom, can I wake up at 6?”
“no thanks, go back to bed and I’ll see you at 7.”
“okay. can I wear my underwear from yesterday with doggies on it again? I like those”
“no, I think it’s a good idea to wear new, clean underwear everyday”
“mom, why did all our grown-up friends and all our little friends have to go home last night? I wanted them to sleep in the guest room.”
“everyone went home to their own houses for bedtime, now you need to go lay down until 7.”
“okay. can you make me breakfast right at 7? I’d like regular oatmeal this morning.”
“okay, at 7”
“can we go to the turtle park today?”
“we’ll see. now go back to bed please, it’s not time to wake up yet”
she leaves the room, makes it halfway down the hall, and comes right back
“mom, I don’t know how to sew yet. Maybe dad can teach us when he gets home from work today”
“how to sew?”
“yeah, I don’t know how to sew a quilt or a dress to match like gramma Debbie. So maybe dad can teach me”
“maybe not”
“I turned off my fan, mom, do you want me to turn off your fan for you?”
“SAVANNAH!!!”

"okay, I'm going"

No comments: