Monday, August 21, 2006

Our (not so) busy weekend

Here's a rundown of our weekend.

  • Ryan got home early and started mowing the lawn.
  • 20 minutes later, the clutch went out so the tractor is now in the driveway up on a jack and the half the front lawn is still long.
  • Had dinner with Don and Katie. But they headed home pretty early to put Little D to bed.
  • Ran to the store to get last minute pictures printed for our big "day of scrapbooking" trip on Saturday.
  • Turned the house upside down looking for my missing paper.
  • I watched re-runs of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge while Ryan played pool.
  • Stayed up way too late for no good reason.
  • Got a call from Nicole at 7am. No scrapbooking trip. Don't ask.
  • Determined to get some scrapbooking done on my own, I started organizing pictures and laying out some pages.
  • 20 minutes later, I'm entertaining the kids while Ryan naps on the couch.
  • We all took a trip to Lowe's for a short list of items to finish up the bar and a couple of other projects around the house.
  • Put the kids to bed and worked on finishing the bar.
  • Moved the window air conditioner to our bedroom because it was so humid and sticky.
  • Played scrabble in our cool room.
  • The kids woke up way too early.
  • 20 minutes later they're both already in tears they're still so tired.
  • Lazed around all morning till it was time to go to church. (Sawyer took a nap)
  • Went to church.
  • Stopped at Menard's on our way home for a couple of things forgotten off our short list the previous day at Lowe's, as well as a replacement for our broken bathroom faucet.
  • Made biscuits and gravy for lunch *yummy!!*
  • Fixed the faucet.
  • Finished mowing the lawn.
  • Finished up the moulding around the bar window. First coat of laquer on, Yeah!!
  • Went upstairs to go to bed early because we couldn't breathe downstairs.
Man, those fumes were toxic! It permeated the whole house. We ended up "trapped" in our bedroom with the door closed and our ac on. (the kids were already in bed with their doors closed.) So Ryan packed for his trip and I fell asleep -probably while he was talking to me. I have not been sleeping well at night at all. I've been having a really hard time falling asleep, which is odd for me. I can usually get to sleep okay; it's waking at 3 or 4 in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep that's usually my problem. Now I do both. So after feeling like I got no sleep all week, I took a Unisom last night about 8:30, took a shower, and then got in bed to talk to Ryan while he packed. Don't remember anything after that till our alarm went off at 5:45 this morning to take him to the airport.

Anyway, it didn't seem like we did much this weekend. It felt like we just kind of had a blah couple of days. But I guess we actually got alot done when I look back on it.
Now Ryan's off to Boston for the week to go to some training course for work. He's back late Thursday night, and then he doesn't have to go in to work Friday. Yeah!! a three day weekend!

I have a whole lot of lofty goals as far as things I'd like to get done while he's gone. Just like always. And just like always, I'm sure not one thing will get 100% done. My main "assignment" is to complete is sanding and recoating the bar top a few more times, as well as painting all the trim around the bar window. I also want to paint a shelf that's in that room. Ryan's having a couple of people over next weekend and I think we're going to have a barbeque on Sunday, so I want that to be all done. The rest of my mental "to do" list will probably stay in my head.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I hope you have a good week. Wish I could be there to help.Love you lots,Mom