Monday, August 07, 2006

Runner's Up

Well we couldn't bring home the title this year. We lost in the soccer championship game 4-3. So I guess there is always next year. This does tip the scales in the direction of the glory years being behind me. Especially since after every game I am sore for a few days and I complain about playing kids who are half my age who are in shape and who have all the time in the world to ball, when everyone else is working and playing with their kids.
Anyway, I need some suggestions from everyone. Heather thinks that I should name our new, almost done, bar. So if anyone has any good names other that "Ryan's Bar" or "Cocktails and Dreams" let me know and I will take them into consideration.
Hopefully I will be able to get some preseason #20 ranked Ducks football games out here otherwise I am going to need to have Proctor set up a web cam for me and I can watch the game with him or something.
Something to watch for this season is that the Ducks are going with a three helmet lineup, a first in college football. And here is the local fan favorites, Michigan, talking about it and setting up a little rivalary for September 8th, 2007 (when the Ducks play at Michigan).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the quote from the movie Cocktail b/c of the bar "Cocktails and Dreams"????????????

Anonymous said...

Wow - I suppose those uniforms are good??

I'm not sure but as long as they win we'll be OK.

As far as the bar name - How about 'The Walrus' or 'Walter' or even better you could call it 'the bar' (cause sometimes the bar eats you)

Go Ducks

Anonymous said...

What's this "we" thinking?(Still)I guess he takes some pride in it.(the bar) Not me. I was only an innocent bystander. Besides he HAD to let Ryan win at pool, or he wouldn't be invited back:)Mom