Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Speaking of dishes....

Okay, not that I was, (speaking of the dishes I mean) but Heidi was.

Have I mentioned before what an awesome husband I have?
I try (usually) to keep ahead of the kitchen mess all day, but when I make dinner at the end of the day, I rarely want to clean up after myself. The last thing I want to do in the evening after a full day with the kids and a chaotic dinner preparation in the midst of Sawyer at the end of his rope, Savannah taunting him and Ryan getting home, is to clean pots and pans and dishes. After dinner I just want to get the kids bathed and in bed and then sit on the couch with the computer or a play a game or turn on the tv and not move again. Just to sit and not have to deal with the kids or the house.
And then I have a messy kitchen I have to deal with in the morning.
But I'm usually in the mindset of I'd rather deal with it in the morning when I'm already up and doing things with fresh energy, as opposed to the evenings when I usually just want to be done with my day and just sit and relax with my husband.

So for the past couple of weeks, after the kids are in bed, Ryan has more often than not, been stepping into the kitchen without a word and working miracles. (this may be because of all the headaches I've been having lately, instead of just being a nice guy out of the blue... but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.) By the time I have checked my emails, checked a few blogs, and am wondering where my husband dissappeared to and why he hasn't joined me on the couch yet, he has the kitchen spotless. Whatever mess I made for dinner (and boy, do I know how to make a mess!!), he has cleaned it up and put it away.
And it is so nice to wake up to a clean kitchen.

This morning I had a sparkling clean kitchen.
And it was nice.
'Cuz I have an awesome husband.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan IS a smart guy. He knows if mama aint happy,nobody's happy. (Some guys just learn a little slower.)

Anonymous said...

Heather, Aren't husbands wonderful?! You are lucky to have such a wonderful hubbie!

Jade has been helping a lot more around the house since my tummy
has been growing rather LARGE!!!!

Have a great day!