These are a couple of my "resolutions" for the new year.
Along those lines I also would like to
- learn a bit of real recreational "photography" (probably somewhat limited to whether we can get a new camera or not)
- take more pictures and do more journaling for the "everyday" stuff of life. I really want to capture and put into words my children's personalities and the funny stuff they do in this brief moment called childhood... not just the big events and occasions such as holidays, "firsts" and things of that nature.
As for real tangible new year's resolutions, I've narrowed it down to
- getting our Anniversary Memories book up to date before our next Anniversary
- finishing Sawyer's first year scrapbook
- finish both kids birthday scrapbooks
- have my house mostly cleaned and picked up (should I start with not trashed and ease my way up?) EACH DAY when Ryan comes home from work
- keeping in better touch with distant friends and family. I am not a phone person, I'm horrible and returning phone calls, and it's easy for me to let this blog do my talking and just do a little email here and there (which is so much more convenient for me with the kids running around and the time difference between here and the west coast...). But I need to remember that's not how everyone works and I need to make more of an effort.
I think it's always neat to sit back and take a minute in prayer and reflection of the past year and where we've been and how far we've come (or not come in some instances) and what should or could be in store for the year ahead.
Okay, I'm off to snuggle on the comfy couch downstairs with my husband and watch a movie.