Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 In Review

This has been floating around on emails and blogs the last couple of days and I thought it was kind of fun so I'm joining in.
Here's a rundown of what our year looked like...

JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this past year and were you able to keep it/them?: I don't think I really had any... none that I remember anyway, so that better mean I didn't make any!
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: Ryan, at the beach house
3. Did it snow where you live?: yes, it snowed a couple days in January, but never stuck around
5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: No
Highlights: one of our last trips to Grampa Bob's beach house :(

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine?: Ryan of course
2. What did your valentine get you?: a weekend away in Seattle (and a trip to IKEA!!)
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: Yes, don't you have to?
Highlights: our trip to Seattle and Ryan interviewing in MI

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? I think I'm pretty much a little of everything
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: No, and I believe that was the first year ever that I didn't... I just completely spaced it
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?: Nada
Highlights: birthdays, Ryan's trip to MI

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain?: I usually don't mind it... I love the smell of rain in the summer. I just don't like the grey dreary days when you don't see the sun for days at a time.
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?: don't think so
3. What was the best joke ever played on you? hmmm... nothing comes to mind
4. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?: Of course we had lots of candy around with the Easter Bunny having to visit our two kids!
Highlights: our househunting trip to MI, Savannah's third birthday, meeting baby Callum

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: tulips
2. Do you like the spring? yes, cuz I know summer's coming!
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": I'm unoriginal... "May flowers".
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: green
Highlights: MOVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY, our 4th wedding anniversary

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school?: Highschool- 1994
2. Any weddings this year? nope
Highlights: Holly and Taegen visiting, spending time working on the house

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? We had friends up from out of town for the weekend, and then I spent the morning of the 3rd of July in the ER with kidney stones. On the 4th, we were going to go to the park for fireworks and festival stuff, but we ended up staying home and catching glimpses of the fireworks over the tops of the trees in our neighborhood. I know... how boring are we?
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?: No vacations, but we took our first trip to the "beach" in Michigan. We spent the day in Holland on Lake Michigan.
Highlights: The Malones and the Laughlins visit, my parents and gramma visit, spending time working on the house

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: well we took one last camping trip, but that was in September
2: What was your favorite summer memory of '06?: probably the day we spent at the beach in Holland. Also when the Malones and Laughlins came up for a visit.
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?: in the wading pool in our backyard? yes. real swimming in a big pool or the lake? not nearly enough
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?: just twice :(
Highlights: Ryan's birthday

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '06?: no
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?: My second grade teacher, Ms. Kauffman. I idolized her!
3. Did you like fall better than summer?: it's a refreshing change, but I'm always so sad to see summer go!
Highlights: Camping (both in our backyard and at the lake!), Jenn and Greg visiting, and Savannah starting preschool

OCTOBER
1. What did you dress up like this year? a mom chaperoning trick or treaters. oh wait- does that not count?
2. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?: the first year we were married I was a black cat and Ryan was a skunk (you know, as in Pepe Le Pue and the little black kitty he's always trying to win over). My costume was black cat ears, a fitted black top, a short black skirt that I pinned a tail to, and black tights and heels. I think the only reason I consider that my favorite costume is because I looked good! That was back when I was thin... *sigh*. I would never be caught dead in that costume now! HAHA!!
3. What's your favorite candy?: hmmm.... that's a hard one... whoppers? reeses mini cups?
Highlights: my parents visiting


NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?: The Happy Huff House
2. Do you like stuffing?: love it!
3. What are you thankful for?: my family, my husband, my kids, friends, and the many blessings in my life!
Highlights: Sawyer's first birthday, our first real "holiday" on our own without family

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?: yes - love Christmas!
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: yes, I once had a big Christmas party and had mistletoe everywhere!!! A few years ago Ryan got a gag gift of a sprig of mistletoe attached to a headband. He thought that was the best thing ever... that joke never gets old!
3. Did you get what you wanted this year for Christmas?: yes, the excitement of my kids Christmas morning was better than I imagined
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?: diamond earrings
5 Do you like cold weather?: yes, only if there's snow
Highlights: birthdays, our first Christmas in our new house

Bonus Question: How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?:
7 - overall a good year, but there were some rough moments as well - I'm really looking forward to 2007!!!!!



What would the highlights of your year be?


No comments: