Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Lots to do!

I feel kind of like I'm running in circles today. I'm thinking I'll have to keep a notebook by my side at all times the next few days. So many things to plan, so many things to pack, so many things to get done before we go.

Here's a rundown of what we did manage to get accomplished this past weekend...

*Grocery shopping
We went to Kroger with a short list and a tub of change to turn in to Coinstar. We left with a hundred-some-odd dollar credit at Amazon from the Coinstar and way more food than was on our list. It was lunchtime and we were hungry, what can I say?

*Leslie's baby shower
Can I just say that was the most insane shower I've ever been to. 65 guests. I think that says it all. When did monster baby showers become all the rage? I think the biggest shower I've been to has been like thirty people, and that was a "couples" shower. I mentioned to both Katie and Nic how overwhelming it was to me, and they both basically said, yeah I had a smaller shower... there were only about 45 people there. (that's small?!?)
Myself, I had three small (and by small I mean anywhere from 5 to 20 people) baby showers with different "groups" of friends and family, so I guess if you're going to do it all in one, you'll obviously end up with more people... but WOW! I suppose it's different in a smaller town where everyone grew up here and everybody knows everybody. Even Katie, who came in saying she didn't know anyone but "our group" (Nicole, Maria, Leslie and I), ended up knowing at least two other girls there and recognizing a few more.
I felt like I was at a big luncheon, not a baby shower for a friend. There was just tons of great food there! And so we ate and ate and then we watched Leslie open gifts for almost 2 hours. I'm not kidding. And guess who's present was opened second to last?!
I hope this doesn't come across as complaining about it; it was a beautiful baby shower, and the food and the company (and the decorations, Nicole!) were awesome. It was just so much! Leslie is lucky to have so many friends and family who care about her and are there to celebrate with her and Jade! What a great way to spend an afternoon.

*We stripped the tree of decoration and finally took it down

I think this was our record for having the tree up so far into January. I just could not get motivated to do the "undecorating" this year.

*We packed up all the Christmas stuff
Goodbye til next year... I hate to see it go.

*Went to church at Spring Arbor Free Methodist again

Thinkin' we may hang out a while there. When we get back from our trip we're going to try and plug into a community group.

*Laundry
Like I said, it's ALWAYS on my list.

*Played in the snow
And it actually stuck around for a couple of days!



Yesterday Porter stayed home sick and I was thinking, "Cool, I'll be able to get so much done around here today..." but I ended up with a migraine for most of the day and barely got the kids fed and clothed and kept from killing each other all day. I didn't think I would make it till Ryan got home from basketball last night, but I put the kids to bed early and took a long hot shower and felt a little better by the time he showed up.

So today I have a million lists in my head of stuff to get ready for the trip, plus trying to plan out the actual trip. Between family time and really wanting to see our friends as much as I can, it's going to be a busy few weeks. Annie's trying to arrange an extra special girl's night out, and I am so excited for that!!
I know that whole trip will go by so fast and then we'll be right back here and I'll be busy trying to unpack and get back into our normal routine. So as overwhelming as it seems and all the crazy running around and visiting I foresee in the next three weeks, I really want to take the time to enjoy my time with everyone and enjoy being back in the beautiful Pacific NW! (At least I hope it's beautiful while we're there. No ice storms please!)

1 comment:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Yes, hopefully we'll have good weather - you know, it IS supposed to snow tonight/tomorrow and stay REALLY cold through Thursday, but it is supposed to dry up by the weekend. :)