Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter in the snow

Well, I can say that I have never hid Easter eggs in the snow before, but there is always a first for everything. Although we really didn't have much snow left by the afternoon when we did the egg hunt but it was still about 35 degrees at that time. Savannah and Sawyer had a great time looking for the eggs, although I don't know if Sawyer knew exactly what was going on other than we got him in his winter boots, put a Easter basket in his hand and sent him out looking for food. Then when we did the hunt inside for plastic eggs filled with candy, Sawyer was going crazy with the candy. At one point we saw him eat a Hershey's kiss...but we don't know where the foil went. Then a few minutes later, while I was attending to the ham, there was a commotion in the living room. So I went to see what was the matter and it turns out that Sawyer had five jelly beans in his mouth and the multi-colored drool was getting all over his new linen Easter shirt. When I was digging the goop out of his mouth I was expecting only one jelly bean but I just kept finding more and more in there. He wasn't very happy that I took all of his newly acquired treasure, especially when it tasted so good.

Here are just a few shots from our outdoor hunt. I'm sure Heather will add many more for you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kim said...

'Bout time, I've been stalking your blog all evening waiting for pics! They are too cute. Makes me cold just looking at that snow though - no thanks! LOL

Anonymous said...

FUN! The kids don't look one bit cold. But Savannah sure looks tall,thin,& grown-up!It could have been worse - Oregon rain.We saw both the sun & rain for Easter,but mostly RAIN!