Thursday, November 09, 2006

Chapter Two: In which Sawyer claims the couch

We have an extra booster seat here so that I can put Porter in it and feed all three kids their lunch at once instead of having Sawyer and Porter whining and fighting over the one high chair we had. This booster seat is not attached to a chair, and since I only really use it for feeding twice a week, other than that I leave it on the ground and it has turned into one of the boys' favorite toys. They climb on in and sit in it all the time. When they climb in to sit down, it tips over easily, so I had put it on the floor in front of the couch.
Yesterday Savannah had pulled it over by the coffee table to make a "desk" to work on during the boys' naptime. After nap, when Sawyer noticed the chair was out of place, he picked it up and tried to carry it right back over to the couch (He managed pretty well too, considering the thing is half as big as he is and pretty awkward and heavy.). After I helped him get it situated back in it's "safe" spot, he then proceeded to climb right up the back of it and up onto the couch. He was pretty proud of himself to say the least! And that's pretty much where he spent the rest of the day. He hung out up there reading a book, or looking out the window, or just holding the remote (isn't he a little to young for that?!). Porter eventually tried to follow him up there, but it seemed Sawyer decided he was King of the couch and there was no longer any room for his big sister, let alone that little twerp...




Here comes Porter...











"Hey, Sawyer, whatchya doin?
can I come up and play???"






"Nope, no room here.
Look... there's no more room up here.
See? I'm so big, I take up the whole couch!"
(that's totally what his expression looked like! you can click on any of these to see them larger)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sawyer sounds more and more like Grampa G...

Anonymous said...

OH my GOSH!!! I love those pictures! That is hilarious... Sawman seriously looks like he's saying all that... TOO FUNNY! And poor P- just wants to be a big boy like Sawyer... haha!! Can you email me those pictures full size so I can sent them to be printed? Love em!