Friday, July 21, 2006

Can't forget Ryan

No, I won't forget to update you on everything Ryan's been up to, living the life in Jackson.
First, to update on my med. stuff...
Went in for the ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) on Wednesday evening. Was in the hospital for a total of about five and a half hours, actually in the "operating room" for just 45 minutes. FYI, it is considered day surgery, but they don't actually cut or anything. You just lay on this bed maching thing with a balloon thing up against your back that generates strong sound waves directed at the kidney stone to break it up into the consisitency of sand. I remember nothing, they sedated me and I was out for the whole thing. But I got sick afterwards. Probably mostly from all the meds and not having been able to eat since the night before. So they gave me more meds and let me sleep it off awhile. I barely remember coming home or anything. Was pretty groggy and sore most of the next day, but all is well now. Hopefully that took care of everything... I go back for a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks.

So what's the news of Ryan?
He's playing pool right now as we speak; he does this every night. It's a goal of his, I think, to play at least one game every single day. The table didn't get set up till after the 4th of July, so we were here awhile without it, but ever since then I think he's only missed one day.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa M!Ryan is just finishing up his first session of outdoor soccer here in Jackson. His team is in second place right now and the next two weeks are tournament matches (Mom and Dad, you'll be here for the final game if they make it through). He hurt his ankle and ended up having to take a couple of weeks off, but other than that we've watched most of the early evening games. It's been fun watching him play outdoor, and I know he's had fun playing with Don again. (They played together for four years at Greenville)

Ryan is enjoying his job more now that most of the orientation and training days are behind him and he's got some of his own projects to work on. He seems to like most everyone he works with and the commute doesn't seem to bother him. *Except that the couple of big storms we've had have hit during his evening drive so he's been stuck in the middle of it, has to wait it out, or "race" it home.* The only thing he does complain about is having his alarm set for 5:50am. He tries to leave the house before 6:30, so that usually means an earlier bedtime than we're used to. We have to make ourselves go to bed by 10 or he's pretty crabby the next day. At the end of the day, he's still usually home by 5 or 5:30 though, even with the commute, so that's nice. I don't really know what else I can say as far as job stuff goes. Ryan may have to jump in here himself if he has anything to add. He's going to some classes for a few days in Boston in August. Here's a picture we took on our way through Kalamazoo to Holland last weekend.
This is where Ryan spends his days.

Another new hobby of his is yard work. He got himself a riding lawnmower and has been using it regularly. Savannah likes to ride along with him. We haven't got much further than the basic mantenence of the yard so far, but we have plans for some lanscaping changes in the works.

Don't really know what else to say. Maybe Ryan will have some input at some point along these posts.
Now that you've caught up a little on all of us the last couple months, you can tune in regularly to hear the ordinary, everyday, simple life we lead.

I did get a few new pictures uploaded to the Shutterfly albums. Click here to see the albums, or the link is always in the side bar. Just some pictures from the beach last weekend, a couple of the kids around here, and I added a few of the basement now that we have the pool table set up.

p.s. *Happy Anniversary Debbie and Andy!*

No comments: