Thursday, March 08, 2007

very random

Had a great grocery shopping day today. All coupons were doubled up to $2.00 and I took full advantage of sale items with coupons! I got a pack of diapers for $5, refrigerated pie crusts for $1 each, and the new Bumble Bee Prime Fillet precooked and seasoned seafood steaks (I got the pink Salmon) for just 29 cents each! I saved over $30 with coupons! Woo-hoo!

After dropping Savannah off at preschool, Sawyer and I ran a few errands (JoAnns and Big Lots) and grocery shopped for the rest of the morning until it was time to pick her up, where I proceeded to chatter away with her teachers and a parent or two. And then we got home, made lunch, put the kids down for naps, and finally happened to look in the mirror for the first time since I brushed my teeth this morning.
SCARY! It's really gotten pretty pathetic how little I care about how I look going out in public anymore. I mean, a couple of years ago I would have never left the house in basically my pajamas or without even a dab of make-up. But here, I guess I figure it's not like I'm going to run into anyone I know (since I know oh, about three people) and regardless, I can pretty much assume not many people are dressed to impress at the grocery stores around here.
Still, I suppose I could manage to actually run a brush through my hair before I leave the house once in awhile. Before Ryan calls to say he's on his way home from work.

And in other news... sad, sad news... Signing Time is no longer airing on our PBS station here and life is just not the same. I'm telling you, that single half hour of tv was something Savannah looked forward to all week! I don't know where it went... it's just not on anymore and no sign of it anywhere else in anyone's line-up. Now we're back to the one DVD we own; over and over and over and over.
Savannah was drawing today and she would periodically come over and show me her pictures. She did one of all of us, one of Sydney, one of a sunny day outside, and then she started tracing her hands in all different colors and all different ways. Then she was randomly asking me how to spell things. And then she brought this one over and asked me to "please hang this sign up by the tv"...


Now you might not be able to read this signage correctly, so let me translate...
"Signing Time, Signing Time, please come back !"
That's exactly what she told me it meant.
I guess she's taking this a little harder even than I thought!


And just one more thing.
I've recently started visiting every so often a blog that I'm loving... it's written by a father who has a great take on the world around him. Funny stuff. But this was the funniest...

~You know those commercials by Staples, the ones with the "Easy Button" ? I particularly like the one where the woman pushes it and the office is instantly clean and organized, and the annoying employee is in the cupboard. I need an "Easy Button" with those kind of powers.

Here's an Easy button for you...Go on, Click it....

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so cute. Poor Savannah! I love the picture. You must frame it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Savannah will need to ask for some more videos for her birthday!
I'm sad she can't watch it anymore either. I need her to teach me more signs. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a good b-day idea for Savannah.What one does she allready have? No sense repeating them.What one(s)would she like?

Anonymous said...

Oh,and nice job on the grocery savings Heather.It really adds up.Makes you feel good doesn't it.