Monday, March 19, 2007

and a long weekend it was

I feel like I haven't had much to say lately that's been blogworthy. A combination of not much going on around here, and not feeling motivated (or maybe just not making time) to sit down and write. I mean, I went almost a week before updating my picture page. I haven't been that bad all year.

I guess I could look at it as a good thing. I've been trying to make a point of not being on the computer when the kids are around, or at least when I'm the only one here to entertain/interact with them. And I've also been trying to not be doing very much photo sorting/editing or blogging or IMing or any other computer stuff in the evenings after the kids go to bed because I felt like Ryan was starting to complain about me spending too much time on the computer. So really, my only time on here has been for about an hour in the afternoons when both kids are down for naptime. Until today, I hadn't even downloaded pictures from my camera since Thursday morning. For me, that's unheard of.
Anyway, all that to say I haven't spent much time on computer stuff lately. And while I miss it, now that I'm sitting here I'm kind of struggling for what to write.

Our weekend.
It felt like a strange weekend to me. I felt totally lazy, but kind of restless at the same time. Becky was here visiting and we pretty much did absolutely nothing. I didn't plan ahead and think of anything for us all to do all weekend, and I felt like we were just slugs. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice lazy weekend every once in awhile, and normally a weekend of just hanging out at home and running a few errands is fine with me. But with my sister here, I felt like we were just all sitting around staring at each other and like we should be entertaining her. But without planning ahead, and the freezing cold weather all weekend, there is just NOTHING TO DO IN JACKSON! Pretty much all we did was go shopping and go out to eat. Woo-hoo! Welcome to our town.

On Friday Becky, Nicole and I went and saw Premonition. I thought it was a pretty good movie. At first glance, there seemed to be a few irritating loopholes, but the more I think about it afterward, the more I think I kind of "get" those loopholes. Anyway, that was a fun little night out.

Saturday we had a few people over for another game night. It's always nice to hang out with everyone and as usual, we had some great laughs. Huffs, we missed you guys. Andrew and Maria, sorry you couldn't make it but we'll see you next time!

Oh and on Saturday Ryan and I probably spent three hours between us on these riddles. They are ridiculously mind boggling, addicting and so fun to get through! We're up to level 54. It's been really fun doing them together. I would have given up long ago if we hadn't teamed up. It's neat because some things Ryan is really good at getting quickly (like code breaking) and some things I get faster (like patterns and visuals) so when we're both working on these riddles that have so many different components we make a good team. If you're up for a challenge you should try these out. And if you need hints or help we're available and more than willing to help you along the Weffriddle journey. It's fun to exercise your brain in a fun and different way once in awhile.

Well, I think I will head off to bed. Maybe I can think of more blogworthy notes tomorrow. Or feel free to throw me a topic and I'm sure I can find something to babble about!
Ta-ta for now.

No comments: