Friday, March 16, 2007

Fun Friday Stuff

Just a lazy Friday around here. I'm so glad it is though! Friday, I mean. I love weekends!!

My sister Becky arrived last night. She's visiting for a long weekend. It's really nice to see her as we haven't seen her since she left to move to Las Vegas about a month before we moved out here. The kids, as always, are having a blast with another family member here.

Speaking of family, I just realized we'll have a few other visitors here before we know it. Ryan's Mom and stepdad are coming for a few days the beginning of April. It'll be nice to have family here for Easter. And then my parents are coming for Savannah's birthday and staying for two weeks again. We're playing around with the idea of taking a little trip while they're here, but I don't know if we can fit it in or not.
I can already tell the month of April is going to fly by!


Anyway, we spent the morning doing a bit of shopping.
New shoes all around. Well, minus me. But the cute ones got 'em, so that's what counts.














And groceries. That's always fun!
Actually it was fine because I had the company and help of my sister. Plus, I bought some fun stuff to make treats for our game night tomorrow. St Paddy's Day you know.
I'm also indulging and making a Whoppers Pie for us tonight. Mmmmmm!!
I made one a couple of weeks ago (with the left over Whoppers candy from our movie game night) and I am in love! Three of my favorites together... ice cream, malt, and graham cracker crust. Can't beat it.
Here's the super easy recipe if you're interested...
Whoppers Candy Malt Shoppe Pie
9" graham cracker crumb crust
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1 8oz tub Cool-Whip, thawed
2 cups Whoppers Malted Milk Balls, crushed

Combine softened ice cream and whipped topping until well blended. Mix 1 cup of candy into ice cream mixture; spoon into crust. top with remaining crushed candy. Cover; freeze 4 hours or until firm. Optional: serve garnished with additional whipped topping and whole malted milk balls.


Also thinking about us girls going to see a movie tonight. Can you believe I've only been to one movie since we've lived here? And that was to take Savannah to see Happy Feet -not my idea of great entertainment. Kind of looking forward to getting out.

So that's what we're up to today. Not a whole heck of a lot.
Hope you all are looking forward to a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason this week seemed to go by quickly.I hope to get outside again today while it is dry and sunny to do some much needed cleaning up.Leaves ,weeds dead branches.All the spring bulbs are just about done blooming but the chery trees still look good.Rain will be back soon enough.Shopping huh.Becky loves shoe shopping,hope she wasn't one of the cute ones who got a pair today.:)She has more shoes than any one I know!!! What movie will you see tonite? Your dad just saw Amazing Grace.I'll stick to renting DVD's. There are a few releasing soon that look good to me.Hope to see you all this weekend via the web cam.Have a fun St. Patty's Day game night.We'll be thinkin'of ya!:) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX