Thursday, March 01, 2007

ewwww....

what gross weather we're having around here today!
It was freezing rain/sleet/hail all morning and now it's just been pouring plain old rain for the last couple of hours. YUCK! Everything on the ground is just one big wet slushy mess! I had to don my snowboots to get to the mailbox through the icy slushy ankle-deep puddle/pond at the bottom of our driveway.

It's quiet at the moment though, and I have to admit it's kind of soothing hearing the rain on the roof. Haven't heard that around here in awhile...

It's just a dark and gray kind of day where you just want to curl up with a blanket and read or nap or alternate both all day long.
Speaking of nap... I think that's just what I'll do. Sawyer just went down and Savannah's in for her rest time, so I think I'll just cuddle up here on the couch and close my eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are "enjoying" some of that good old Oregon weather!Have had snow flurries the last few days with freezing rain/sleet and rain too.The hills got real snow.Hope you enjoyed that nap,I don't think you do that very often:)