Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just have a minute...

This WILL be a quick post I promise, because frankly, I don't have time. Which is also the reason I didn't post yesterday and probably won't for a few days more.

Sawyer fell asleep in the car after dropping Savannah off at school and running a couple of quick errands and now he's in his bed singing to himself. I hate when that happens... fall asleep the last five minutes of the trip and then wake up pulling into the garage and decide that's all the nap he needs. He had time for at least another 45 minutes of napping once we got home, but noooo; he decides it's time to sing. And then poop. And then sing some more.

I just wanted to brag a bit about my accomlishments last night. I buckled down and slaved away on the Christmas gifts I'm making and I got seven done!!! Ryan finally made me go to bed at 11:30 because I was burning myself right and left on the hot glue. But I am so excited because that means I only have three more gifts to do that are getting shipped out to friends and family and those three are easy peasy ones. Well, one might be a little work, since I don't know exactly what I'm doing yet, but the other two are seriously just slapping on some paint and calling it good. Yay! I am so excited to be done with crafts for awhile. Well, techinically I have four or five more gifts to do for the kids and Ryan, but they're all pretty mindless... not much creativity required. It was all in the planning, so now the actual production will be easy.

Did I mention I am so excited for Christmas?!?

p.s. update on tree.... Ryan is a miracle worker. We took it down, trimmed and cut and straightened and repositioned, and whalah... we have a tree that can stand on it's own and not have to be tied to a million points. It actually looks a little better too, shapewise.

Today's to-do's:
  • wrap all gifts to ship
  • get gifts situated in boxes to ship
  • work on three remaining projects to ship
  • redecorate Christmas tree
  • hang garland around dining room windows (I was waiting to see if we would get around to painting in there, but I don't think that's going to happen)
  • put away Christmas storage boxes
  • and oh yeah, more laundry
Okay, gotta go pick up SJ. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting inspite of your busy schedule. Some of us don't have much going on right now and really look forward to hearing whats going on in the Morrison household. By the way Heather,are you excited for your birthday too!?