Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas pics, part one

Sorry, I will probably end up with a ton of pictures on here since it's the quickest way to share them with the families. I will try to keep myself in check... actually we didn't really take all that many pictures Christmas morning. Between the webcam and the video camera and still needing to actually help and direct the kids, snapping photos kind of took the backseat. But here's some of what we did get.
First, on Christmas eve I was trying to get some pictures of the kids together, but that was pretty much impossible with Sawyer not staying in one place for more than 2 seconds and niether one of them ever looking at me (a whole family picture was even more impossible... by that point Sawyer was yelling, pitching fits and Savannah was whining and I just gave up). Here are my attempts with the kids...










We were getting nowhere outside, as Sawyer just wanted to run around. And except for our ugly back steps, it was super sunny and bright so there was really no good place to get a picture. So we headed inside and tried sitting them in the chair together...














We tried sitting in front of the tree....








(this is Savannah actually having to hold Sawyer in place)






Then I resorted to presents to get Sawyer to stay there...






(so much for my visions of our photographs being about the "togetherness" rather than the sparkle and fascination with the material things, haha! I guess toddlers really aren't interested in the togetherness yet...)





























And even that only lasted all of two minutes...
Sawyer is definitely a little boy on the go!







Here is Savannah showing off her gingerbread reindeer cookies and gingerbread house...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, Great pic's. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Burn me a disc. I really AM going to get going on my scrapbooking!!!In spite of how difficult it was ,thanks for the pics. They look great!! So natural.... XOXOX

Anonymous said...

I personally think it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to take photos of my own kids. If it is someone they do not know taking thier pictures- io think they are more inclined to stare at the stranger. LOL. I have the hardest time taking photos of all 4 of them together.

The 3 photos of them by the tree opening the gifts are adorable. The one of Savannah kissing him on the head and Sawyer looking back at her- precious!