Friday, February 02, 2007

stuck in a rut

I'm at a loss for what to make for dinner today.
It's just hard to get excited about meals around here when lately Savannah won't eat 75% of what I make, Sawyer is allergic to half the foods on this earth, and on top of that he has acquired a newfound pickyness as well.
I've only found very few dishes that all four of us will actually eat, and at the moment I can think of exactly none.

I'm just feeling tired of the same old stuff, you know? And normally I'm always up for new recipes, but I'm not really motivated to find anything new today. I was in this mood yesterday and it ended up being a breakfast for dinner day. Don't think I could get away with that again.

Any ideas???

3 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

That "snow day" idea is great!! How fun ~ you are so creative! I don't know if this would work for much of what Sawyer would eat, but how about chicken pot pie? Pie crust with whatever veggies the kids can eat + chicken + cream of chicken soup + thickner + whatever else? Seeing the cold snow made me think of it. It's a yummy way to sneak in some veggies.

Anonymous said...

You have a hard job of coming up with what to make for meals! I sent an email with a recipe, hope it helps!

Lina said...

I read your site through Nicole's & although you have probably tried this?? Have you ever started or been tagged for an e-mail recipe chain? Works to get some fresh ideas. I really like the snow-day & might just be a trick I have to pull out today for my little ones :)